The landscape of the digital environment, particularly digital marketing is in a continuous process of outshining itself, with more and more innovative solutions, technologies and strategies emerging each day. This year will soon end and it has been abundant in forward-thinking digital marketing, regardless of industry, size, or place in the world of the organizations implementing it. Thriving, developing brand loyalty, and gaining competitive advantage over other businesses in your industry without thoroughly paying attention to the future and especially to future digital marketing trends can be a difficult task, which is why everyone interested in the growth of their business needs to be aware of trends and best practices in the digital environment.
One of the best ways for marketers to get in touch with the industry and learn more about their field is by attending summits, conferences, and other events tailored specifically to their needs. Digital Summit Dallas, taking place on December 4 - 5, 2018, which Pocketstop will be attending, is expected to host around 1,800 marketers from north Texas. The summit is the best place for taking the pulse of digital trends that governed 2018, and familiarizing ourselves with new trends to come in 2019. Before finding out more about the summit, let’s go over some of the most important digital marketing trends and best practices of 2018, and why they are of utmost importance in the context of future developments.
Digital Marketing Trends and Best Practices in 2018
From social media, content writing, data analytics, proximity marketing, brand storytelling, crisis communication, email marketing, text message marketing, and other solutions and strategies, 2018 has been all about keeping up with new technologies and implementing them to the best of abilities in order to attract new customers, keep new ones, and contribute to the overall growth of businesses. If our ever-changing world has taught us anything about marketing is that sticking with traditional marketing methods or employing strategies without tailoring them to fit the profile of your business is one of the biggest mistakes a company can make. Successful digital marketing trends have demonstrated that in order to keep up with the industry, you need to first pay attention to how customer behavior has changed over the years.
From text message marketing – which has seen a significant comeback – or proximity marketing, to automated and optimized customer service, personalized marketing based on customer demographic and business objectives, data touch points, influencer marketing, social media campaigns, compliancy with privacy policies, mobile-first index, AI and machine learning, chat bots, or live streaming, all of these trends and best practices have kept the digital marketers on their toes when it came to competing for customer attention, and gave a competitive edge to anyone utilizing them properly.
Trends and Innovations Coming In 2019
In keeping up with industry technologies and innovations, Pocketstop has designed and implemented solutions for crisis communication, internal communication, text message marketing, proximity marketing, and text-to-chat. Our attendance at Digital summit Dallas is part of your never-ending quest for bettering our services and staying up-to-date with all industry-related events. With more than 65 in-depth digital marketing sessions or workshops, and speakers from brands such as Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, The Onion, Twitter, Pinterest, or WWE, this year’s Digital Summit Dallas provides marketers with access to anything they need to know about digital marketing, and especially about how digital marketing will evolve and what to expect from it in 2019.
According to statistics, in 2018, we’ve seen a significant increase in efficiency coming from strategies such as content marketing, AI and machine learning, big data, social media marketing, marketing automation, and mobile marketing. These trends will also carry onto 2019, as their results have been exceedingly satisfactory, thus becoming more and more attractive to marketers from all industries and niches. These modern digital marketing techniques rely on data gathering and analyzing, but also on customer behavior, which is an ever-changing variable and needs to be considered as such.
What to expect in 2019:
- An increase in voice searches – as people are becoming more mobile, so do our needs for brand interaction; voice search is a simple and effective way of getting the needed information in a short period of time, which is why businesses should consider optimizing all websites, content and campaigns in order to be compatible with voice search
- Micro-moments taking the digital world by storm – a micro-moment refers to a new kind of consumer behavior which takes place when someone instinctively turns to a device to satisfy a need of information; a micro-moment can occur when we need to find out more information about a brand, visit a new restaurant or a retail store, buy a product we don’t know that much of, and other similar situations for which businesses and marketers needs to be ready by making all content compatible with any kind of web or mobile search and at arm’s-length for all customers.
- A bigger emphasis on text messaging marketing – mobile phones are everywhere, and people, although are utilizing them for almost anything, can sometimes become overwhelmed by the amount of information they need to process, which is why a lot of them prefer text messages; if in the beginning text message marketing was used for simple thing such as new product releases or other information sent from time to time, in today’s world brands are turning to it for anything from loyalty programs to customer service via text.
- An increase in augmented and virtual reality – with more and more businesses and customers embracing the powers of such technology, especially when it comes to contributing to brand loyalty and offering customers the personalized experience they crave for; it is expected that the augmented and virtual reality market will reach $209.2 billion by 2022.
- The further development of visual search – nowadays, you can point your smartphone’s camera at an object and find text-based information about it – this is called ‘visual searching’ and it is becoming more and more popular as businesses all over the world are implementing it, especially in the retail and restaurant industries, and customers are loving the interaction.
These aspects, along with many others will be addressed at the summit, and Pocketstop is prepared for tailoring our strategies and solutions based on customer needs and innovations in the industry. Find out more by visiting our booth or get in touch for more information.