A mass notification system is a valuable tool for every organization that can be used to send out time-sensitive information to a mass audience. Ideally, such a system sends this information through multiple channels, so as to eliminate the odds of the user not receiving the information in time. The communication is usually detailed and descriptive, as opposed to being limited to a bell or a siren. A comprehensive crisis notification system ensures that everyone is informed before, during, and after a crisis. The various benefits offered by such a system include:
- A mass notification system adopts personalized message delivery through multiple channels to target not a device, but the user.
- Such a system can be used in a wide range of situations, such as natural hazards, human-caused hazards, technological hazards, and for general communications. Being able to send out critical communication within a moment’s notice helps in reducing the economic impact associated with a crisis, reducing associated loss, safeguarding end-users, and ensuring that accurate information is received on time.
- There are various organizational benefits offered by a mass notification system, which include the maintenance of public confidence, maximized safety, reduced response time, and controlling of rumors and misinformation.
- These systems have a rapid reach, being capable of distributing alerts through a single web-based console to thousands of network-connected devices within minutes.
- A mass notification system helps to maintain end-user confidence, which is critical from a business perspective.
- These user-friendly notification systems are affordable, easy to use, and capable of leveraging the existing network, hence offering the benefits of quick installation and infrastructure organization. They can easily be operated by non-technical staff with just some basic training, and do not require any hardware/software purchases or maintenance.
- Modern mass notification systems are capable of leveraging non-traditional channels of communication such as smart phones, websites and social networks, further increasing their efficiency and reliability.
- Mass notification systems come with an intuitive administrator interface, which enables role-based access controls and customizable profile management portals (like the Pocketstop portal), hence leading to a positive user experience.
- These systems also enable efficient contact management, making it possible to create groups and update custom fields.
RedFlag is a multi-channel mass communication system used for distributing emergency notifications as well as routine communication through a simple, convenient, and reliable interface. You can contact us at (877) 840-2444 to request a demo and quote.