National Donut Chain Utilizes Mobile Marketing to Increase Store Traffic
Everywhere I go, I look for short codes at my favorite shops and restaurants. Signing up for mobile marketing campaigns via short codes are becoming more and more available as retailers are seeing the real benefits of this booming communication channel. The retailers aren’t the only one’s seeing benefits but consumers get discounts and coupons at their favorite places; a win-win for everyone.
National donut chain, Dunkin Donuts, utilized a mobile marketing campaign that focused on encouraging customers to opt-in to receive offers via text messages. Radio spots and mobile internet ads were used to promote the campaign. As a result, 7,500 consumers in the Boston area opted-in to the mobile marketing campaign!
- 17% of participants forwarded the text message promotion to a friend
- 35% considered themselves to be more likely to frequent Dunkin Donuts in the future
- Local area stores saw a 21% increase in store traffic
Quick service restaurants (QSR), like Duncan Donuts, are a growing segment of retailers who are using mobile marketing campaigns to communicate with consumers.
Some reasons why include:
- 90% of text messages are read within 3 minutes of being delivered
- Mobile coupons receive 10 times higher redemption rate than print coupons
- 16% of smartphone users made a purchase because of a marketing message receive on their phone (this number is growing!)
- 98% of text messages are read (compared to 20% of emails)
The power of a mobile marketing campaign is enormous. Contact Pocketstop today at 877-840-2444 or live chat with us at www.pocketstop.com. Learn how mobile marketing campaigns and text message marketing can help your organization achieve its goals.