The holiday season is one of my favorite times of the year. There is so much to do and see, family and friends to visit and good food and drink to share. Taking a break this week from the normal blogging tempo about mass notification, text marketing and emergency communications to share with you our holiday bucket list.
We chatted around the office and came up with our top ten must do and see activities during this holiday season—no matter what or how you celebrate there is always time to spread good cheer during this time of the year. And here are few way to do just that.
- Play this list of classic Christmas music whenever possible.
- Two words: hot chocolate.
- Make a donation. Check out Charity Navigator to identify a charity that you can help during this season of giving.
- In addition to buying presents, be present for your friends and family.
- Go outside, breath in the fresh, brisk air and do something that reminds you of being a kid.
- Watch a classic Christmas movie like Frosty The Snowman or a newer classic like The Polar Express.
- Smile. More often, to friends, family, co-workers and even strangers.
- Send a care package to our troops overseas who won’t be home for the holidays.
- Make a gingerbread house (try not to eat all the decorations!).
And the last item on our holiday bucket list is…
- Communicate. Here at Pocketstop we are all about communications. During the holidays, take time to talk to the family that you don’t always get the chance to see, check in with old roommates and give old friends a call. Talk to your loved ones over a cup of hot apple cider and sing with your kids while sharing a candy cane.
Happy Holidays and Happy Communicating!