Communication During a Renovation Can Be Complicated, Mass Notification System Technology Keeps It Simple
Mass notification system technology, like Pocketstop’s RedFlag Notification System, proves to be essential during an emergency or crisis situation. But mass notification system technology can be leveraged during other situations as well. Many of our RedFlag clients manage large, public, multi-tenant properties such as shopping malls or multi-tenant office buildings.
Communication between tenants — who each run their own, stovepipe communication systems — can become congested, confusing and downright complicated especially during a renovation that disrupts the normal flow of business. Mass notification system technology helps to keep things calm by using a multi-channel approach to ensure messages are received by the intended recipient.
During the renovation of a public property that will remain open for business during construction, many processes will change and many considerations must be taken to ensure the safety and security of tenants, employees and customers — all which will require a steady flow of communication by managers and planners.
Mass notification system solutions will provide mangers a simple, convenient and reliable way to communicate immediately to all stakeholders at once. Communication efforts required for a safe and secure renovation should include notifications about:
- Employing protective measures for a safe entrance and exit of the property
- Properly disposing of waste materials on a regular basis
- Leaving the renovation area clean and safe at the end of each work day
- Using personal protective equipment such as hard hats and goggles to those who may need them in accordance with OSHA standards
- Specific projects or work to be performed so everyone is aware of what’s going on
- Goals and length of time of the renovation projects and what tenants are affected
- Site access requirements and limitations
- Temporary security measures such as locked fence gates or doors
- Restricted areas that are off-limits to tenants, employees and customers
- Reporting unauthorized access of the renovation area, accidents, spills or other spaces that need to be cleaned
- Taking immediate action in the event of an
Mass notification system technology streamlines communication efforts of managers and planners by providing:
- A cloud-based solution with no hardware or software to maintain
- Around the clock access to the system from any internet connected device including laptops, desktops, smartphones and tablets
- The ability to create groups such as “tenants” or “contractors”
- Message delivery to multiple-channels including text, voice, email and social media for an increase in message read rates
- The ability to communicate to an unlimited number of people in seconds
It is normal for people to become impatient with a renovation, especially one that will take some time to complete. Keeping a steady flow of communication using a mass notification system solution will keep tenants, employees and customers aware and informed. Responding to their concerns will help keep them satisfied.
It’s true, mass notification system solutions are often discussed in the context of an emergency situation, but they have so many more uses from everyday communications to keeping processes running smoothly during a renovation.
For more information about Pocketstop’s mass notification system solution — RedFlag — give us a call today at 877-840-2444 or visit us online at www.pocketstop.com where you can live chat with us today!