The retail industry is growing and the number of shopping malls is mushrooming across various cities. With so many malls in existence, it is inevitable that from time-to-time they will be exposed to a variety of uncertainties and risks in the form of sudden weather changes, violence, small children being separated from their parents to name a few. In critical situations, it is advisable to have an emergency notification plan in place to facilitate quick and timely communication.
Responsibilities of Property Managers
- Frequently, it’s the retail property manager who has to shoulder the responsibility of managing communications when unwanted emergencies occur at their shopping mall.
- Ensuring the safety of the more than 3 billion visitors who go to shopping malls in the US every year.
- Keeping tenants and mall visitors safe during construction, high traffic times, and unexpected crises is considered part of the daily responsibilities facing property managers.
Security of a shopping mall is not as easy as it seems on the surface. RedFlag provides part of the answer to shopping malls’ need for effective security by providing mass emergency notification that simultaneously distributes communication through multiple channels. RedFlag provides timely and accurate information during a crisis, without any unwanted rumors. Another major highlight of RedFlag is the quick response time in case of a crisis.
Some of the features in the RedFlag system for a shopping mall are:
- Multi-channel delivery through voice, email, and text messages
- Easy set up
- Segmentation through an unlimited number of groups
- Complete mobility
- Complete reporting
RedFlag works by keeping retail property tenants acquainted with possible threats such as robberies, violence, and a host of others. Tenants also can be kept informed about important but non-critical information such as new store openings in the shopping mall, or changes in policies that affect them.
With so many possible emergency situations in a shopping mall, there is a huge need for a mass notification system so that everything can be managed smoothly in the event of some unwanted event. So get RedFlag today to ensure the security of your shopping mall and its visitors.